PROF. EMMANUEL kARORO
Emmanuel Karoro;born in BumbaireBushenyi, Western Uganda after the Second World War, was educated at Kashenyi Boys and Kyamuhunga Primary School for his Primary Education.He joined Mbarara High School, National Teachers` College Kyambogo, Makerere University and the University of Bristol for his Academic and Professional Education.
He started his teaching career at Kigezi High School and later to Ntare School and National Teachers College Kyambogo after which he became a Chief Executive Officer of Higher Institutions of Learning.He became the Director of National Teachers College Kakoba, the Founding Deputy Vice Chancellor of Kampala International University, Western Campus, mainly for training medical personnel. He was later transferred to Kampala International University, Dar-es-Salaam Campus, which made apermanent mark on his life especially while flying from Dar-es-Salaam over Mt. Kilimanjalo, to Entebbe.
Emmanuel Karoro thereafter, was appointed the Director of Ankole Western University Project where he served for four years.Kampala International University Western Campusstill needed him and once again, re-appointed him Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of the Western Campus for the second time.
Emmanuel Karoro believes that when one kneels before God, God will stand up for him and if he does, no one can be in his way. This was realized in 2017 when the gods willed that Professor Emmanuel Karoro was born to be the Vice-Chancellor of one of the Ugandan Universities. Probably the only renown Professor of Education in South-Western Uganda,what he does not know in Education is not worth knowing. Whatever Professor Karoro lays his hands on, must flourishe.
Emmanuel Karoro attended many workshops in Uganda and United Kingdom, to mention but afew:
- Management of Teacher Education, the University of Bristol, 1991.
- Conference on Council for Frontiers of Knowledge,Munyonyo,212.
- Institutional Management in Higher Education,UNECO, 2007.
He has presented numerous papers in workshops in Uganda, but once again to mention but afew.
- The teaching of Kiswahili in Uganda, Islamic University in Uganda, 2003.
- Clinical supervision in teaching practice,Kabale 2013.
Apart from teaching,he has done odd jobs:
- He was apioneer member of the National Council for Higher Education.
- He became a Chief Examiner for East African Examinations Council,1976.
- Examiner in-charge A ‘level literature, 1978 – 1986.
- Chairman Higher Institutions of Learning (UTCs/NTCs/UCCs/Busitema and Bukalasa colleges, 1996 – 1998)
Until now, Professor Emmanuel Karorohas been teaching Education and Research Methods to postgraduate students at Kampala International University Western Campus,and Bishop Barham University College,Kabale.He was appointed anHonourary Lecturer for PhD Education Candidates at Mbarara University, in 2010.He has supervised to successful completion of their studies over 30 Masters’ candidates and one PhD candidate.Professor Emmanuel Karorowas anExternal Examiner, for Teaching Practice at Mbarara University of Science Technology and External Examiner,Kabale University,2010 – 2012.
He has published many articles and books, to mention but afew:
- Death and the thereafter among the Banyankole, the African Mind: volume 1. Orbitas, 1989.
- Group formation criteria of money handling associations in Rubirizi ISSA- 2347, 2015.
- The African Novel, 2013.
- Horizons in Teacher Education,
He is currently working on,Performance Analysis of Private Universities in Uganda, 2016
EmmanuelKaroro`S Hobbies are playing Chess and writing poems. His best authors areNevilShute, Thomas Hardy and NgugiwaThiong`O.
His main awards and recognitions are.
- Educators of excellence award, 2008, by Uganda National Teachers Union.
- Exemplary stewardship, by the Diocese of West Ankole. 2012,
- Medical and Pharmacy Students Awards of KIU Western Campus for Exemplary leadership.
He will be mainly remembered for having started Diploma in Primary Education, in Uganda in, 1991 and having pioneered the Teaching of Kiswahili in National Teachers Colleges,in Uganda.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/ibandauniversity/public_html/wp-content/plugins/Ultimate_VC_Addons/modules/Ultimate_Team.php on line 477